úterý 4. února 2014

Course: M101P - MongoDB for Developers

M101P: MongoDB for Developers in Python language course was really good experience with hands on practice and many programming staff around. I need to thanks to Andrew Erlichson for his really big effort which he includes into this course at MongoDB University. I've learned a lot and I started to like NoSQL databases at least this one.


Course its own includes 6 weeks of study, 1 week of case study and 1 week for final exam :

  1. Introduction
    • Install MongoDB, BottlePy, PyMongo
    • Intro to MongoDB, Python, BottlePy, PyMongo and JSON
    • 3 homework
  2. CRUD
    • CRUD in MongoDB shell
    • CRUD in PyMongo
    • 3 homework
  3. Schema design
    • Relations (1:1, 1:M, N:M)
    • Normalization, denormalization
    • 3 homework
  4. Performance
    • Indexes (Multikey, Unique, Sparse)
    • Explain
    • 4 homework
  5. Aggregation Framework
    • Aggregation
    • Project
    • Match
    • Limit
    • Skip
    • Unwind
    • 4 homework
  6. Application engineering
    • Replication
    • Write consistency
    • Sharding
    • 5 homework
  7. Case study
    • Foursquare
    • Codeacademy
  8. Final exam
    • 10 questions
Almost each video about some topic ends with quiz and its answer.

Final exam is calculated into final grade for 50 % and in same way home works. So watching videos and doing quizzes its your own practice and it doesn't give you any credit.

And finally when you get more than 65 % you will receive PDF certification, and because I did it and it was even more than 80 % I got my certification:



I need to say, its worth it. Even thou you will spend more than 5 hours/week. And in this year I hope I have time I would like to pass through M102: MongoDB for DBAs. And if possible be familiar with more NoSQL databases than just this one.



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat