čtvrtek 23. března 2017

Luxury of the study compare to the work

On the way back from work to home, I just realized the luxury which I have during the study. I don't need to deliver a final and functional product I am not tight up with deadlines and budget. I am not technology locked up based on customers decision.

I can switch the technologies as I need and wish. I can play with them, experiment with them. Commit the output to versioning control repository or not. Freely publish the data, code, share the ideas on the blog and finally write it all on paper wrap it up by conference or magazines template and publish.

And when I realized it I want to share my approach with my last two publications, because they are connected and it would be end-to-end process description with two publications and several Github repositories as output.

One picture is better than 1000 words so let's imagine the following situation about what I have done during last year:



As you can see I have used mainly two different programming languages Python and R (both are my favorite) in different stages of project and it pays off because of used libraries and because of computational complexity and fact that Python is performing better than R (it has problems with even small portion of data especially in NLP field)

So, here is the list of the steps with direct links to Github (if exists at this time):

And at the end when I want to make from it some product I need to think about how to make those parts simple and working together in one piece, but currently, I don't need to. And that's a freedom of discovery new technologies, libraries, methods, languages, tools, etc. Freedom of study!


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat