pondělí 30. června 2014

My study list for Summer time 2014

I was thinking what to study during Summer time. I need to improve my insight into Big Data, especially Hadoop and its fundamentals like HDFS, HBase and MapReduce. At least from non-Java developer point of view. But I would like to start with Java development (or another programming language) perspective too, some intro would be good.

I have also in my study plans two courses about Machine Learning and Data Science on Coursera which I already subscribed to. When I am currently taking a break from courses in Data Science Specialization.

And last but not least I need to finish mini project in R for DSE 501 and follow up with next one DSE 502.

If anyone wants to join me, for Coursera courses for example. Sign in, links to the courses or another staff are below and let me know in comments. We can make a study group.


Big Data and Hortonworks

I would like to do Hadoop 2.0 Developer Certification, which includes following objectives: 

  • Hortonworks Sandbox
    • HDFS
    • MapReduce Fundamentals
    • Hadoop Components
      • Pig
      • Hive
      • hCatalog
      • Sqoop
      • Oozie
Mostly I will study on Big Data University, those self study courses:
It is complete working week (almost 40 hours) and you will get basics knowledge about Hadoop learned. I suppose in real it takes about one or two more days than just a week.

Coursera

Also I will follow up with Coursera.org courses which started recently or soon (today), both are for free:

Data Scientist Enablement Program (DSE)

And of course I need to finalize DSE 501 - Machine Learning with R, start with DSE 502 - Modern Data Platforms and soon will start DSE 600 - Advanced Techniques in Big Data Analytics as you can see here.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat